Friday, June 11, 2010

"let the chips fall where they may"

Regarding this post, a friend asked how the hell could I be so bitter, to ever have any comfort in words like that. The words are the following:

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else.
We are all part of the same compost heap.
We are the all singing, all dancing, crap of the world.

.......

This is your life, doesn't get any better than this.
This is your life, and it's ending one-minute at a time.

.......

If this is your first night, you have to fight."

Apparently, we have different digestions toward this lyric. You may instantly see it as a cruel bitter desperate idea of life, how we are not special, hence life is not worth it. Well I see it as one of the most sensible things I've ever heard.

See, the way I swallow it is this, so with this idea of how I am not a unique snowflake or whatever the crap you wanna call the "chosen one" kind of theories, I feel relieved. I feel I have no burden to expect that I was ever designed to be something huge, brilliant, noble, et blablabla. I can stop worrying about if I ever was destined for something. By not worrying those crap no more, I can now just focus on pursuing my dreams. My motive? Well, since everything is nothing and nothing is everything, then I got nothing to lose. Why not?
Conclusion: less drama, more courage.

To remind myself that this is my life, right now, that it doesn't get any better than this, that it's ending one minute at a time, is to remind me to stop planning to do something SOMEDAY. To remind me to do something TODAY. To keep on assuming that my life will be better {only} in the future is crap. What if I die tonight? I want a good life NOW damn it. That way, I remember to just suck it up and enjoy what I can right now.
Conclusion: less drama, more gratitude.

You are free to disagree with how I take life. You are free to clip on yer judgment. This is the way it works for me. This is my way to stay sane, to have the fuel to fight for it. I can be wrong I can be right. If it doesn't sound inspiring, well it was never my intention to inspire. I write what I honestly feel, NOT what I hope will probably sound beautiful to people.
Conclusion: less drama, more to say from the man below.



*playing: Blueberry Hill - Louis Armstrong

10 comments:

  1. OMG kang edi, kamu berkelahi lagi :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. nyahahahahha, yuk neng kite ikut gelut ama si akang! *bonyok gembira

    ReplyDelete
  3. alaah cuekin aja noh yg kagak ngartiii ajajajjaj

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is marvelous. :)

    http://fennywong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hihihihi iya mak!!! ayo kita ngetebooo...enak deh malem malem panas ginih! :D

    thank you a mucho miss Wong! :")

    ReplyDelete
  6. The most ironic thing is, like snowflakes, we have distinctive signatures that signifies us from other human being :

    1. finger prints
    2. belly button print
    3. ear prints
    4. tongue print
    ...(please fill)

    I don't know whether we each have a different A$$hole print LOL but whoever first wrote that lyric is logically wrong at the first lyric, (well the later lyrics are more subjective)

    Snowflakes should envy us because humans have more unique signatures on our body not just one!

    That's my interpretation to the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun fact! i'm no good in science and biology and stuff so not sure the right fact to fill #5 :D
    the only thing i can think of is uhm,,, different imaginations? hence different interpretations to lyrics, theories, and oh so many things, which is also another fun fact for me. wouldn't it be boring if everybody has the same thing going in the head :">

    thanks for sharing yours. it's really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the quote. I guess I think that we are all worthwhile, no one is "better" than any other...we all have something to give...we all have our strengths and weaknesses. We are all "equal" in a sense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your intepretation is so nice Indie.Tea, it feels real and sweet to me!
    thank you for sharing it :")

    ReplyDelete